Tacoma Baptist Schools Student Outcomes for End of 6th Grade
It is the objective of TBS to train, teach by example, and inspire students high school career:
· Know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
· Growing in their Christian walk.
· Emerging defenders of their faith.
· Be a committed to a local church and serve others.
· Be able to apply God’s Word in their daily life.
· Understand the spiritual disciplines of prayer and fellowship.
· Have the desire and strive to love God with all their heart, mind, soul and strength.
· Have the desire and strive to love their neighbor as themselves.
· Recognize that God has a purpose for their lives, and affirm the authority of Scripture.
· Understand a basic Biblical worldview.
· Honor God the Father, emulate His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, and follow the Holy Spirit.
It is the objective of TBS to provide an academic curriculum of excellence and to teach and train students in such a way that they will:
· Master core competencies in academic disciplines including reading, writing, speaking, mathematics, history, the sciences, geography, languages, and the arts.
· Be prepared for junior high.
· Understand major biblical themes and are able to navigate through Scripture.
It is the objective of TBS to educate and train students in such a way that they will:
· Practice effective study skills, test taking techniques, listening, observing, and critical thinking.
· Develop tools to become problem solvers and creative thinkers.
· Demonstrates basic skills in written and verbal communication.
· Be able to find information resources, use technology, analyze and evaluate information, perform academic research.
· Identify healthy life style choices and personal hygiene habits.
· Foster respect and integrity in human relationships.
· Practice responsible stewardship of God’s creation and resources.